Pages

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

HAPPY CHRISTMAS, AND MAY 2008 BRING YOU EVERYTHING YOU DESERVE...

So as we draw towards the close of 2007, let me take this opportunity to thank you for all your support and encouragement throughout these past twelve months. It has been a busy time, but 2008 will no doubt prove to be busier. I have something to tell you, but for a little while longer I must maintain secrecy. After the 27th of December I'll post an article and let you know what's in store for the New Year.
Aside from this I have typed the last few words of the Epilogue to Book Number 7.
Number 6 (the as-yet-untitled CIA thriller, my companion work to A Quiet Vendetta), has recently been through its second draft phase, and now awaits final word from my editor, the inimitable and stylish Mr. Jon Wood. From there it will fly on to Robyn Karney, the very best copy editor in the world as far as I am concerned, and she will kick it into shape for the typesetters.
Thus, with two further books complete, the paperback release of A Quiet Belief In Angels now brought forward to December 27th (as opposed to either Jan 2nd or Jan 24th depending on which website you visit), the release of both AQBIA and City of Lies in Large Print, the Bulgarian translation of City of Lies, the French translation of AQBIA, the Swedish translation of Candlemoth, the abridged audio of Quiet Belief appearing towards the end of January...
With all these things in hand and progressing smoothly I have decided to take a couple of days off to celebrate Christmas.
I do have some preparatory notes for Book Number 8 already in progress, and knowing me as well as I do, I am sure that before midnight chimes on December 31st I will be back in the thick of it. Can't help it. Have to keep on writing. Such is the nature of the beast. Like John Lennon said "Find a job you love and you'll never work again".
So, with that thought in mind, I wish each and every one of you a truly wonderful Christmas and a fantastic New Year.
I trust that 2008 will bring you everything you so richly deserve.
Take care my friends. Be well.
Roger.

No comments: