Pages

Sunday, October 11, 2009

WHATEVER IT TAKES, THIS GIRL NEEDS TO BE RECOGNISED FOR WHO SHE IS...
I have seen The Cramps, The Gun Club, Van Morrison, Steve Miller, BB King, Peter Green, Ingrid Lucia, Meatloaf, Dave Alvin and The Guilty Women...I have seen more bands than I can even begin to remember, but this evening - in Nashville, at Legends Corner - I saw Becki McLeod, and well...I have to tell you that this girl can sing like no-one I have ever heard before. My record collection includes Mahalia Jackson, Janis Joplin, Bessie Smith, Melody Gardot, Imelda May, Patsy Cline...and the list goes on and on and on...and I have to tell you that Becki McLeod is amongst the best of the best.
Dynamic, electrifying, soulful, vibrant, raw, energetic, passionate...this girl can sing with the best of them, and her band is incredible. Apparently there are videos on youtube. She is also on myspace at beckimcleodmusic (I think!) but whatever it takes you have to find her. Listen to her. Buy her albums. Do whatever you have to do. This girl is absolutely incredible.
I spent the evening listening to someone who is talented beyond words, and she is working for tips! This is a tragedy. Please support this singer. She is a serious front runner for being the best singer I have heard in a very, very long time...
Anyway, for what it's worth, that's my viewpoint.
Roger.

No comments: