Pages

Saturday, March 17, 2007

THE LIBRARY CIRCUIT...

I've recently been invited to read at a number of libraries, the last one of which was Mere Green in the West Midlands. Expecting perhaps a handful of people, I was very pleasantly surprised to find a good thirty or forty attendees. Defying the advertisement (which said I would read from the last book 'City of Lies'), I actually read the prologue and first chapter of August's release 'A Quiet Belief In Angels'. Afterwards I answered questions, many of them relating to the decision to 'write American' despite the fact that I am English, and aspects of research etc. Once the formal part of the event itself was over I spent some time talking with Peter, Richard, Ian and June, some of the Library staff - Linda and Rowena particularly who were so tremendously enthusiastic, and experienced the most exceptional warmth and encouragement from people I had never met before! Reminded me why I started this thing in the first place!
Anyway, I'm off to Market Drayton, and then I'll be doing some writers' seminars in the spring. If the reception I receive at any of these events is even close to the reception I received at Mere Green I shall be exceptionally fortunate! Great people, a wonderful event...looking forward to any chance I might have to return at some point in the future.
Will post again soon...promise! Until then, as always, my very best wishes.

No comments: